Judi Spiers lights up Sidmouth on Saturday
RADIO presenter and journalist Judi Spiers will flick the switch at this year s Christmas Lights switch-on at Market Place, Sidmouth on Saturday.
RADIO presenter and journalist Judi Spiers will flick the switch at this year's Christmas Lights switch-on at Market Place, Sidmouth on Saturday.
The lights - strands of colour-changing icicles and stars - are already in place, fixed last week by Steve Holdup's team from Torbay Display.
Father Christmas will arrive on the Toastrack before the lights go on to perform the formal launch of The Dairy Shop, Church Street, which is under new ownership.
Panos Taliadoros and his wife Karen took over the shop seven months ago, after moving from Surrey, and love working in Sidmouth.
He said: "We have been well received by everyone and made some good friends here."
While Panos was in the catering industry, it is a complete career change for Karen who was a lawyer, working in Guildford.
- 1 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 2 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 3 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 4 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 5 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 6 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 7 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 8 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 9 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 10 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland
Santa will 'open' the shop at 4.30pm.