Judi Spiers lights up Sidmouth on Saturday
RADIO presenter and journalist Judi Spiers will flick the switch at this year s Christmas Lights switch-on at Market Place, Sidmouth on Saturday.
RADIO presenter and journalist Judi Spiers will flick the switch at this year's Christmas Lights switch-on at Market Place, Sidmouth on Saturday.
The lights - strands of colour-changing icicles and stars - are already in place, fixed last week by Steve Holdup's team from Torbay Display.
Father Christmas will arrive on the Toastrack before the lights go on to perform the formal launch of The Dairy Shop, Church Street, which is under new ownership.
Panos Taliadoros and his wife Karen took over the shop seven months ago, after moving from Surrey, and love working in Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "We have been well received by everyone and made some good friends here."
While Panos was in the catering industry, it is a complete career change for Karen who was a lawyer, working in Guildford.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Santa will 'open' the shop at 4.30pm.