Judi Spiers lights up Sidmouth on Saturday
RADIO presenter and journalist Judi Spiers will flick the switch at this year s Christmas Lights switch-on at Market Place, Sidmouth on Saturday.
RADIO presenter and journalist Judi Spiers will flick the switch at this year's Christmas Lights switch-on at Market Place, Sidmouth on Saturday.
The lights - strands of colour-changing icicles and stars - are already in place, fixed last week by Steve Holdup's team from Torbay Display.
Father Christmas will arrive on the Toastrack before the lights go on to perform the formal launch of The Dairy Shop, Church Street, which is under new ownership.
Panos Taliadoros and his wife Karen took over the shop seven months ago, after moving from Surrey, and love working in Sidmouth.
He said: "We have been well received by everyone and made some good friends here."
While Panos was in the catering industry, it is a complete career change for Karen who was a lawyer, working in Guildford.
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 7 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 8 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 10 Town keeps alive the generous tradition inspired by Betty
Santa will 'open' the shop at 4.30pm.