Judi Spiers set for Sidmouth lights switch-on
BROADCASTER Judi Spiers will switch on Sidmouth s Christmas lights next month as the town kicks of the festive season in style.
BROADCASTER Judi Spiers will switch on Sidmouth's Christmas lights next month as the town kicks of the festive season in style.
Shops will remain open until 6pm on Saturday, November 14 and a host of street entertainers will help mark the event.
True 'Devon Maid' Judi, who is patron of Sidmouth Lifeboat, will turn on the town's festive lights display in the Marketplace at 5pm.
Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce chairman Richard Eley said the event will showcase the town's "healthy" high street.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Sidmouth is looking good at the moment, all our shops are open and there are hardly any empty windows. We hope everybody can have a nice day and kick off the Christmas season."
'Sidmouth's answer to Frank Sinatra', Frank Symington, will entertain townsfolk later in the evening at a party in Blinis.
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 4 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 5 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 6 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 7 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 8 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
Tickets for the party (�5), are available from Coles, 4Homes, Delderfields and Eights a Wish.