Julie’s friends rise to the challenge for Sidmouth fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Half a dozen bakers joined a national cupcake campaign to net £455 for a dementia charity at Sidmouth Cricket Club last week.
Julie Clayden organised the fundraiser for the Alzheimer’s Society and also set up an online appeal that netted another £395.
She said: “My dad has Alzheimer’s and although finding a cure for him and others like him is too late, it may not be too late for future generations.
“I can’t thank everyone enough for their support – I am lucky to have such a great bunch of friends. So far the total is £850 and people are still giving on line. It was a great morning for a great cause.”
The national campaign called on bakers to ‘rise’ for dementia.
You may also want to watch:
It was fronted by Great British Bake Off judge Paul Hollywood and This Morning presenter Ruth Langsford.
Visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/julieclayden to boost Julie’s total.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon