Julie’s friends rise to the challenge for Sidmouth fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Half a dozen bakers joined a national cupcake campaign to net £455 for a dementia charity at Sidmouth Cricket Club last week.
Julie Clayden organised the fundraiser for the Alzheimer’s Society and also set up an online appeal that netted another £395.
She said: “My dad has Alzheimer’s and although finding a cure for him and others like him is too late, it may not be too late for future generations.
“I can’t thank everyone enough for their support – I am lucky to have such a great bunch of friends. So far the total is £850 and people are still giving on line. It was a great morning for a great cause.”
The national campaign called on bakers to ‘rise’ for dementia.
You may also want to watch:
It was fronted by Great British Bake Off judge Paul Hollywood and This Morning presenter Ruth Langsford.
Visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/julieclayden to boost Julie’s total.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman