Jumble sale nets £1,000 for scouts
- Credit: Archant
A ‘BEST-EVER’ jumble sale on Saturday raised £1,000 for the 1st Sid Vale Scouts.
Proceeds from the bi-annual event help with the group’s normal day to day operating costs.
“It was a very successful event and I would like to thank all those families and friends within our group who supported this event to make this one of the best jumbles results we have had,” said scouts chairman Gareth Hughes.
“As most people appreciate, our leaders and other volunteers give their time for free, but successful scouting still requires funds - for day to day running costs, venue hire, equipment, to run camps, provide badges and make activities accessible for everyone.
“I would also like to thank the Sidmouth people who played their part by donating items for sale, and coming on the day to see what bargains we had.”
You may also want to watch:
The group is also the subject of a Herald campaign to help it raise enough cash to build a new HQ at the Salcombe Recreational Field.
Donation can be sent to treasurer Denese Molyneux at Goodrich House, Cheese Lane, Sidmouth EX10 8RA or online at https://mydonate.bt.com, search for 1st Sid Vale Scout Group.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'