Jumble sale nets £1,000 for scouts
- Credit: Archant
A ‘BEST-EVER’ jumble sale on Saturday raised £1,000 for the 1st Sid Vale Scouts.
Proceeds from the bi-annual event help with the group’s normal day to day operating costs.
“It was a very successful event and I would like to thank all those families and friends within our group who supported this event to make this one of the best jumbles results we have had,” said scouts chairman Gareth Hughes.
“As most people appreciate, our leaders and other volunteers give their time for free, but successful scouting still requires funds - for day to day running costs, venue hire, equipment, to run camps, provide badges and make activities accessible for everyone.
“I would also like to thank the Sidmouth people who played their part by donating items for sale, and coming on the day to see what bargains we had.”
You may also want to watch:
The group is also the subject of a Herald campaign to help it raise enough cash to build a new HQ at the Salcombe Recreational Field.
Donation can be sent to treasurer Denese Molyneux at Goodrich House, Cheese Lane, Sidmouth EX10 8RA or online at https://mydonate.bt.com, search for 1st Sid Vale Scout Group.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank