Jumble sale nets £1,000 for scouts
- Credit: Archant
A ‘BEST-EVER’ jumble sale on Saturday raised £1,000 for the 1st Sid Vale Scouts.
Proceeds from the bi-annual event help with the group’s normal day to day operating costs.
“It was a very successful event and I would like to thank all those families and friends within our group who supported this event to make this one of the best jumbles results we have had,” said scouts chairman Gareth Hughes.
“As most people appreciate, our leaders and other volunteers give their time for free, but successful scouting still requires funds - for day to day running costs, venue hire, equipment, to run camps, provide badges and make activities accessible for everyone.
“I would also like to thank the Sidmouth people who played their part by donating items for sale, and coming on the day to see what bargains we had.”
You may also want to watch:
The group is also the subject of a Herald campaign to help it raise enough cash to build a new HQ at the Salcombe Recreational Field.
Donation can be sent to treasurer Denese Molyneux at Goodrich House, Cheese Lane, Sidmouth EX10 8RA or online at https://mydonate.bt.com, search for 1st Sid Vale Scout Group.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon