Junior Vikings football club invites new members thanks to sponsorship support
- Credit: Archant
Support from a local business means Sidmouth’s youth football club can open its doors to new members.
Emm-Lec Construction, based at Kingsdown Business Park, is sponsoring the shirts of the Junior Vikings under-11 squad.
The Junior Vikings’ chairman James Patmore said the young players were ‘really excited’ to receive their new kit.
He said the cost of providing football shirts has risen because of Covid-19 precautions, which mean the days of swapping kit are over; each player must have their own shirt.
He said: “With over 20 players in the under-11s, this can get expensive and would be impossible to fund without the generous support of sponsors like Emm-Lec.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Patmore said the club can now grow, and there are spaces for new players in some of the age groups.
He said: “With grass-roots football being one of the few activities which can carry on pretty much close to normal, it is a good opportunity for children to get outdoors, stay fit and have fun with friends.”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
Anyone whose child would like to join should email firstname.lastname@example.org