Jurassic Coaster bus to run six times a day
- Credit: Archant
A new week-day bus service between Exeter and Lyme Regis is being introduced by First Wessex as part of its summer timetable.
From Sunday, May 8, it is introducing an X52 Jurassic Coaster, which will provide six daily journeys, in both directions, travelling via Clyst St Mary, Newton Poppleford, Beer, Seaton and Colyford.
Customers wishing to go further than Lyme Regis can either take an X51 service to Bridport and Dorchester or an X53 that operates between Weymouth, Bridport and Axminster.
Customers can already purchase tickets to anywhere on the network when boarding a First Wessex bus and, therefore, they will not need to purchase an additional ticket.
Simon Newport, general manager of First Wessex, said: “We recognise that demand along this section of the Jurassic Coast will increase during the summer months. This level of service reflects what we have provided in the past, and offers customers the opportunity to connect to other parts of the Jurassic Coaster network at Lyme Regis or Bridport.
You may also want to watch:
“Service X52 will continue to provide the quickest journeys from East Devon to Exeter, and will continue to serve the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
“The services on the X52 are scheduled to run at peak times in the morning, providing a connection to Exeter College, then at approximately two-hour intervals.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
“Customers can continue to travel further along the Jurassic Coast by changing buses at Lyme Regis or Bridport on Services X51/X53. Service X51/X53 provide buses every 30 minutes between Axminster, Lyme Regis and Bridport, then hourly to Dorchester and Weymouth.”
Full details of the new timetables can be found on the First Wessex website at: http://www.firstgroup.com/wessex-dorset-south-somerset/news-and-service-updates/planned-changes/dorset-and-jurassic-coaster