Jurassic Coat charity walk to boost FORCE
The Sid Valley Rotary Club has invited residents to join in a walk along the Jurassic Coast to raise money for the FORCE cancer charity.
The three-day Coastal Challenge, now in its eighth year, has raised a total of more than �16,000 to support the work of the cause.
It will start on Friday, September 14, at Abbotsbury Gardens and finish 19 miles away in Lyme Regis.
The second day, Saturday, is a 17-mile trek from Lyme Regis to Sidmouth.
The Sunday walk is suitable for less experienced walkers and runs 10 miles from Sidmouth to Exmouth.
You may also want to watch:
Fit and obedient dogs are also welcome. Last year, the Sid Valley Rotary Club took over organising the event and netted �2,300 for FORCE.
This year they are running it again and are looking for walkers to take on the challenge.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!
Walkers can join in for one, two or all three days.
The rotary club will transport walkers to the start point in a minibus.
Rotarians have asked walkers to raise as much sponsorship as they can to support FORCE and come prepared to enjoy healthy exercise and the finest scenery in the South West.
For more information contact David Jackson on 01404 42228.