Just a week to go before Campaign 2011 deadline
Campaign 2011 aims to help you raise funds for charity
TO encourage more people to nominate someone for the Sidmouth Herald’s CAMPAIGN 2011, we have extended the closing date by a week.
With New Year well and truly underway, we would now like nominations in by first post on Monday, January 17 instead of next Monday.
Just think what this campaign did for Sidmouth Living with Cancer Support Group! With the Herald’s backing, the group has raised some �50,000 to buy and run a mini-bus for its members and others in the community.
Now it is YOUR chance to nominate a local Sid Valley charity or organisation that needs to raise funds for a special project.
You may also want to watch:
Just send in your nominations, explaining how much is needed to be raised during 2011 and what for.
Whichever cause is chosen will get this newspaper’s help for the year, giving publicity to its fundraising events and updating readers on how the campaign is going.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
The cause should be relevant to the community and benefit as many as possible.
It must also be achievable in a year.
Send nominations to CAMPAIGN 2011, Sidmouth Herald, Archant South West, Fair Oak Close, Exeter Airport Buisness Park, Clyst Honiton, Exeter, EX4 2UL, by Monday, January 17.
A decision will be made who to support by the end of January.