Groups thanked for support during Sidford WI anniversary celebrations
- Credit: Archant
Sid Valley organisations and businesses have been thanked for their part in marking the 100th anniversary of Sidford WI.
The group recently celebrated the landmark anniversary with a series of events, including the revealing of its commemorative banner.
The banner took two years, a team of 23 members, and eight different embrodiary techniques to create the 100 squares - which capture the history of the surrounding area, historical dates and activities of the group over the last century.
The WI said without the support of groups like the Keith Owen Fund, which donated £1,200 towards the banner, the project would not have been possible. It also thanked Potbury's for donating window space to display their craft items.
Grace Essex, from Sidford WI, said: "Unfortunately these projects do not happen unless there is some help from other local organisations.
You may also want to watch:
"The support from KOF is always immense and we appreciate their help. They were there for us throughout the two years encouraging and visiting us to see the progress being made. "
The banner will be shown during the group's meetings and taken around the county to other WI events.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank