Keith Owen Fund donate £6,100 for new kitchen in Sidford
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of pounds have been dished out to fund a new kitchen at Sidford Social Hall.
The Sid Vale Association’s Keith Owen Fund donated £6,100 to the project, half the total needed to refurbish the facility.
A SVA spokesman added: “A kitchen was added to the hall many years ago and after much use, the furniture and fittings were in obvious need of replacement.
“It was soon realised that the cost of the refurbishment would seriously deplete the hall’s available funds, leaving little for emergencies, and so applications for grants were made.”
The committee were able to go ahead with their project after match funding the SVA total and receiving a financial boost from Sidmouth Town Council. Its members said they were thankful for the donations after opening their new kitchen on August 10.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Clarke, from the SVA, added: “The SVA’s Keith Owen Fund takes much pleasure in supporting local voluntary organisations to reach their goals.”
Visit www.sidvaleassociation.org.uk to submit an application.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action