Keith Owen Fund temporarily closed to new applications
- Credit: Archant
The Sid Vale Association Keith Owen Fund has been temporarily closed to new award applications, in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
A charity spokesman said they reluctantly made the decision on account of the current movement restrictions and social distancing requirements which made it impractical to undertake the necessary steps to consider an application for awards.
They added: “It is also felt unlikely that potential applicants would be able to effectively progress projects during these difficult times.
“Once the current restrictions ease and it is possible to consider new applications safely and effectively, the fund will be reopened.”
Further information on the temporary fund closure and more general details on the Keith Owen Fund may be obtained from the Sid Vale Association website at sidvaleassociation.org.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Keep up to date with the latest news by visiting www.sidmouthherald.co.uk or the Sidmouth Herald Facebook page.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal