Kennaway House takes over running Sidmouth Farmers’ Market
- Credit: Archant
Kennaway House has taken over the running of the town’s farmers’ market.
The event was previously run by the Vision Group of Sidmouth but after it was unable to continue running the monthly market, the charity stepped in.
The market was scheduled to take place this Saturday (September 9) but will now move to the third Sunday of every month.
Nikki Dawkins, manager of Kennaway House, said: “We felt it was too good to lose. We are looking to continue it in the same vein and keep it as locally sourced as much as possible.”
The market currently sees up to 10 traders set up in Kennaway House’s cellar bar selling a range of fresh produce including game meat to vegetables.
You may also want to watch:
Nikki said she hoped to bring the stalls outside on to the lawn.
The market will return on September 16 and October 21. Teas, coffees and cakes will be available to buy.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman