Kickstarter campaign for sitcom needs support
- Credit: Archant
A former Sidmouth resident says he is in an ‘all or nothing situation’ to secure vital funding to develop his sitcom.
Chris Wickett is trying to raise £7,500 through Kickstarter, a fundraising platform, to produce his show Sunset Dreams.
The comedy has garnered interest from major media outlets, but the 29-year-old only has until Tuesday, December 15, to reach his target.
Chris, who grew up in Newlands Road, said: “Now I live in London, it is easy to forget the magic the town I lived in had.
“It’s all or nothing with Kickstarter. The £7,500 is, in fact, only a part of our production budget.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll make up the rest ourselves. And who knows, in a year, you could be watching Sunset Dreams on the BBC or Netflix and can say that you helped fund the project.”
Chris’s creation came to life after he and some friends hired a caravan off website Gumtree and began filming last year.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 5 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
He said: “Everyone that we’ve presented the initial pilot to has shown genuine interest in the show.
“So the next step is to develop a pilot so that the networks can get a better feel for what a full-length version of the show would look like with more characters.”
Sunset Dreams is about a caravan park facing its twilight years at a forgotten seaside resort in England and which could face closure at the end of the season.
To donate to the Kickstarter campaign, visit: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1960884500/sunset-dreams-the-holiday-park-sitcom