Kids enjoy treasure hunt
CHILDREN flocked to Abbotts DIY and hardware store in Ottery for its annual treasure hunt.
The event now in its fourth year, was held at the store in Jesu Street during late night shopping on Friday.
Participants go around the store, finding items on a certain theme. Everyone who completes the course gets a goodie bag and certificate.
This year’s theme was reindeer, and the Abbott family, Tony and Viv and their sons Chris and Jeff, dressed up accordingly. They saw a bumper crowd of 120 children on the night.
“There’s always a fun-filled atmosphere, the parents and kids really enjoy it,” said Chris. “This is our fourth time, and we’ll definitely have a fifth.”
Viv added: “Every year there is a real buzz, but this year was particularly special. We were on the go the whole time, and it was great to see the children’s faces so happy. The whole late-night shopping thing gives people who might not otherwise get the opportunity the chance to see what’s on offer in the town.”
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 7 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 8 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 9 Christmas Light Switch-Ons in East Devon's towns
- 10 Local care partnership set up for Devon to prepare for winter