Kids enjoy treasure hunt
CHILDREN flocked to Abbotts DIY and hardware store in Ottery for its annual treasure hunt.
The event now in its fourth year, was held at the store in Jesu Street during late night shopping on Friday.
Participants go around the store, finding items on a certain theme. Everyone who completes the course gets a goodie bag and certificate.
This year’s theme was reindeer, and the Abbott family, Tony and Viv and their sons Chris and Jeff, dressed up accordingly. They saw a bumper crowd of 120 children on the night.
“There’s always a fun-filled atmosphere, the parents and kids really enjoy it,” said Chris. “This is our fourth time, and we’ll definitely have a fifth.”
You may also want to watch:
Viv added: “Every year there is a real buzz, but this year was particularly special. We were on the go the whole time, and it was great to see the children’s faces so happy. The whole late-night shopping thing gives people who might not otherwise get the opportunity the chance to see what’s on offer in the town.”
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 4 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 5 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 6 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 9 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
- 10 Beachgoers share moment of wonder