Kids enjoy treasure hunt
CHILDREN flocked to Abbotts DIY and hardware store in Ottery for its annual treasure hunt.
The event now in its fourth year, was held at the store in Jesu Street during late night shopping on Friday.
Participants go around the store, finding items on a certain theme. Everyone who completes the course gets a goodie bag and certificate.
This year’s theme was reindeer, and the Abbott family, Tony and Viv and their sons Chris and Jeff, dressed up accordingly. They saw a bumper crowd of 120 children on the night.
“There’s always a fun-filled atmosphere, the parents and kids really enjoy it,” said Chris. “This is our fourth time, and we’ll definitely have a fifth.”
You may also want to watch:
Viv added: “Every year there is a real buzz, but this year was particularly special. We were on the go the whole time, and it was great to see the children’s faces so happy. The whole late-night shopping thing gives people who might not otherwise get the opportunity the chance to see what’s on offer in the town.”
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon