Kids rescued from sea in Sidmouth Lifeboat drama
Member of public praised
SIDMOUTH Lifeboat rescuers thanked a panic stricken member of the public who alerted them to a pair of children in peril in the sea on Wednesday afternoon.
Crew members were able to race to the aid of the youngsters – just moments after carrying out a separate search following fears a young girl had drowned.
The girl was found safe but, as rescuers returned to their Esplanade base, they were alerted to two children struggling in sea near rock islands.
A member of the public who’d tried to save the youngsters was also struggling in the water.
The trio trapped were by waves and battered against the rocks.
Lifeboat crew members were able to re-launch into the water within seconds and recovered the children and adult, who received first aid treatment for cuts and bruises.
- 1 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 4 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 6 Major firefighting operation tackles blazing barn in Whimple
- 7 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 8 Top six big books of the year to enjoy this winter
- 9 Tips on managing your utility bills this winter
- 10 Programme of concerts set to delight classical-music lovers