Kids rescued from sea in Sidmouth Lifeboat drama
Member of public praised
SIDMOUTH Lifeboat rescuers thanked a panic stricken member of the public who alerted them to a pair of children in peril in the sea on Wednesday afternoon.
Crew members were able to race to the aid of the youngsters – just moments after carrying out a separate search following fears a young girl had drowned.
The girl was found safe but, as rescuers returned to their Esplanade base, they were alerted to two children struggling in sea near rock islands.
A member of the public who’d tried to save the youngsters was also struggling in the water.
You may also want to watch:
The trio trapped were by waves and battered against the rocks.
Lifeboat crew members were able to re-launch into the water within seconds and recovered the children and adult, who received first aid treatment for cuts and bruises.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 9 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National