Kind offers boost charity bid of inspirational Naomi
Prize signed by PM David Cameron
KIND offers of support have boosted a young mum with incurable cancer as she organises a charity event in Sidmouth to help other sufferers.
Naomi Thomas, 29, says a Pink Ladies Day planned for Kennaway House on January 15 is “turning out better than I could ever have dreamed”.
“The support of residents and businesses has been phenomenal,” she said.
The event will raise cash for Force, CoppaFeel, and the Willow Foundation, which have all boosted Naomi.
You may also want to watch:
The brave Sidmothian, whose family home is in Manstone Avenue, battled breast cancer in 2009 and hoped she’d beaten the disease.
But just days after the birth of baby son Devon she discovered the cancer had spread to her spine.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
Naomi, who wants her story to help raise cancer awareness, hopes the ladies day can take place every year – even in the tragic case she is no longer around.
“I want to leave this planet knowing that I made my mark and have helped others,” she said.
“I’ve had so many offers of help, from people delivering door to door leaflets or helping on the day, and even giving me complimentary therapy to help me with pain management.”
A bottle of wine signed by Prime Minister David Cameron was a recent item to be donated to a raffle by MP Hugo Swire.
“My family and friends have told me how proud they are of what I am doing, and that makes it feel worthwhile for me,” said Naomi.