King's School class of 79' set for September reunion
CLASSMATES from The King s School s class of 1979 are planning a get-together in September.
CLASSMATES from The King's School's class of 1979 are planning a get-together in September.
King's was still a Grammar School back then and pupils came from a catchment area of Honiton, Sidmouth, Ottery and surrounding rural areas.
Organisers Roger Flynn, said: "Things have changed so much since our last reunion 20 years ago. When I went to dig out everyone's contact details from 1989 I only had postal addresses. No-one had a mobile number or email back in the day, so we have had to almost start over again on finding people.
"However, the social networking sites, especially Facebook, have been terrific for this. Ex-pupils we have found include Paul Spokes in South Africa and Gary Woollacott in Bangkok and both have booked their flights."
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place on September 19 at Ottery St Mary Football Club from
7.30pm to midnight.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 8 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
A disco,entertainment and food are planned. Ex-pupils helping to organise the event are: Dan and Carol Goddard, Chris Fitzhenry, Giles Sadler, Natalie Clayton (Brace), Peter Faithfull, Janice King (Marks), Lee Glanville (Hartnell), Mike Burgess, Sandra Herbert, Ceri Wilson (Pugh) .
For more information contact Roger Flynn on 07736480280 or you can email Lee Glanville at the Ottery Herald - firstname.lastname@example.org.