King's School class of 79' set for September reunion
CLASSMATES from The King s School s class of 1979 are planning a get-together in September.
CLASSMATES from The King's School's class of 1979 are planning a get-together in September.
King's was still a Grammar School back then and pupils came from a catchment area of Honiton, Sidmouth, Ottery and surrounding rural areas.
Organisers Roger Flynn, said: "Things have changed so much since our last reunion 20 years ago. When I went to dig out everyone's contact details from 1989 I only had postal addresses. No-one had a mobile number or email back in the day, so we have had to almost start over again on finding people.
"However, the social networking sites, especially Facebook, have been terrific for this. Ex-pupils we have found include Paul Spokes in South Africa and Gary Woollacott in Bangkok and both have booked their flights."
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place on September 19 at Ottery St Mary Football Club from
7.30pm to midnight.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
A disco,entertainment and food are planned. Ex-pupils helping to organise the event are: Dan and Carol Goddard, Chris Fitzhenry, Giles Sadler, Natalie Clayton (Brace), Peter Faithfull, Janice King (Marks), Lee Glanville (Hartnell), Mike Burgess, Sandra Herbert, Ceri Wilson (Pugh) .
For more information contact Roger Flynn on 07736480280 or you can email Lee Glanville at the Ottery Herald - email@example.com.