King's School class of 79' set for September reunion
CLASSMATES from The King s School s class of 1979 are planning a get-together in September.
CLASSMATES from The King's School's class of 1979 are planning a get-together in September.
King's was still a Grammar School back then and pupils came from a catchment area of Honiton, Sidmouth, Ottery and surrounding rural areas.
Organisers Roger Flynn, said: "Things have changed so much since our last reunion 20 years ago. When I went to dig out everyone's contact details from 1989 I only had postal addresses. No-one had a mobile number or email back in the day, so we have had to almost start over again on finding people.
"However, the social networking sites, especially Facebook, have been terrific for this. Ex-pupils we have found include Paul Spokes in South Africa and Gary Woollacott in Bangkok and both have booked their flights."
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place on September 19 at Ottery St Mary Football Club from
7.30pm to midnight.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
A disco,entertainment and food are planned. Ex-pupils helping to organise the event are: Dan and Carol Goddard, Chris Fitzhenry, Giles Sadler, Natalie Clayton (Brace), Peter Faithfull, Janice King (Marks), Lee Glanville (Hartnell), Mike Burgess, Sandra Herbert, Ceri Wilson (Pugh) .
For more information contact Roger Flynn on 07736480280 or you can email Lee Glanville at the Ottery Herald - email@example.com.