King's School class of 79' set for September reunion
CLASSMATES from The King s School s class of 1979 are planning a get-together in September.
CLASSMATES from The King's School's class of 1979 are planning a get-together in September.
King's was still a Grammar School back then and pupils came from a catchment area of Honiton, Sidmouth, Ottery and surrounding rural areas.
Organisers Roger Flynn, said: "Things have changed so much since our last reunion 20 years ago. When I went to dig out everyone's contact details from 1989 I only had postal addresses. No-one had a mobile number or email back in the day, so we have had to almost start over again on finding people.
"However, the social networking sites, especially Facebook, have been terrific for this. Ex-pupils we have found include Paul Spokes in South Africa and Gary Woollacott in Bangkok and both have booked their flights."
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place on September 19 at Ottery St Mary Football Club from
7.30pm to midnight.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
A disco,entertainment and food are planned. Ex-pupils helping to organise the event are: Dan and Carol Goddard, Chris Fitzhenry, Giles Sadler, Natalie Clayton (Brace), Peter Faithfull, Janice King (Marks), Lee Glanville (Hartnell), Mike Burgess, Sandra Herbert, Ceri Wilson (Pugh) .
For more information contact Roger Flynn on 07736480280 or you can email Lee Glanville at the Ottery Herald - email@example.com.