Kitchen fire in Fortfield Terrace

PUBLISHED: 08:45 28 April 2015 | UPDATED: 08:45 28 April 2015

Archant

Three fire crews from Sidmouth, Ottery and Exmouth were called to a property in Fortfield Terrace last night (Monday) after reports of smoke coming from a downstairs window.

Firefighters were called to the scene at 6.39pm and discovered a small fire on an unattended cooker hob.

Crews wore breathing apparatus and used a hosereel jet to extinguish the fire.

The property was then vented by using high powered fans.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald