Knitted donkey herd aid Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary
A herd of knitted donkeys are donated to Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary
A HERD of knitted donkeys have been donated to Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary to help with its fundraising.
Bristol woman Pat Whiting and husband John were driven to Sidmouth by daughter Pauline to hand over 44 woolly donkeys and spend the afternoon with their real four-legged friends.
Pat said: “I have been knitting donkeys for the last three years. I fell in love with donkeys after being given an adoption donkey as a Christmas present and when I came to visit the sanctuary, I thought these dear donkeys were adorable.
“When I heard I could help the donkeys by knitting them, I thought this was meant to be as I have had five strokes and my doctor kept telling me to find something therapeutic to do.”
You may also want to watch:
She now doesn’t need to follow a pattern as she has made 125.
Ruth Burrough from the charity’s community fundraising department said: “Pat has made a very kind gesture, and we are so grateful to her for taking the time to provide us with all these knitted donkeys, which we can sell and raise much needed funds to help donkeys around the world.”
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 4 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 5 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 6 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 7 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 8 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
If you would like to knit a donkey call (01395) 578222 for a pattern or visit www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk.