Knitted donkey herd aid Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary
A herd of knitted donkeys are donated to Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary
A HERD of knitted donkeys have been donated to Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary to help with its fundraising.
Bristol woman Pat Whiting and husband John were driven to Sidmouth by daughter Pauline to hand over 44 woolly donkeys and spend the afternoon with their real four-legged friends.
Pat said: “I have been knitting donkeys for the last three years. I fell in love with donkeys after being given an adoption donkey as a Christmas present and when I came to visit the sanctuary, I thought these dear donkeys were adorable.
“When I heard I could help the donkeys by knitting them, I thought this was meant to be as I have had five strokes and my doctor kept telling me to find something therapeutic to do.”
You may also want to watch:
She now doesn’t need to follow a pattern as she has made 125.
Ruth Burrough from the charity’s community fundraising department said: “Pat has made a very kind gesture, and we are so grateful to her for taking the time to provide us with all these knitted donkeys, which we can sell and raise much needed funds to help donkeys around the world.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 4 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 5 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 9 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 10 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
If you would like to knit a donkey call (01395) 578222 for a pattern or visit www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk.