Knitted donkey herd aid Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary
A herd of knitted donkeys are donated to Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary
A HERD of knitted donkeys have been donated to Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary to help with its fundraising.
Bristol woman Pat Whiting and husband John were driven to Sidmouth by daughter Pauline to hand over 44 woolly donkeys and spend the afternoon with their real four-legged friends.
Pat said: “I have been knitting donkeys for the last three years. I fell in love with donkeys after being given an adoption donkey as a Christmas present and when I came to visit the sanctuary, I thought these dear donkeys were adorable.
“When I heard I could help the donkeys by knitting them, I thought this was meant to be as I have had five strokes and my doctor kept telling me to find something therapeutic to do.”
You may also want to watch:
She now doesn’t need to follow a pattern as she has made 125.
Ruth Burrough from the charity’s community fundraising department said: “Pat has made a very kind gesture, and we are so grateful to her for taking the time to provide us with all these knitted donkeys, which we can sell and raise much needed funds to help donkeys around the world.”
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
If you would like to knit a donkey call (01395) 578222 for a pattern or visit www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk.