Knitted donkey herd aid Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary
A herd of knitted donkeys are donated to Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary
A HERD of knitted donkeys have been donated to Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary to help with its fundraising.
Bristol woman Pat Whiting and husband John were driven to Sidmouth by daughter Pauline to hand over 44 woolly donkeys and spend the afternoon with their real four-legged friends.
Pat said: “I have been knitting donkeys for the last three years. I fell in love with donkeys after being given an adoption donkey as a Christmas present and when I came to visit the sanctuary, I thought these dear donkeys were adorable.
“When I heard I could help the donkeys by knitting them, I thought this was meant to be as I have had five strokes and my doctor kept telling me to find something therapeutic to do.”
You may also want to watch:
She now doesn’t need to follow a pattern as she has made 125.
Ruth Burrough from the charity’s community fundraising department said: “Pat has made a very kind gesture, and we are so grateful to her for taking the time to provide us with all these knitted donkeys, which we can sell and raise much needed funds to help donkeys around the world.”
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
If you would like to knit a donkey call (01395) 578222 for a pattern or visit www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk.