Knowle move chief ‘will earn �50k salary’
THE professional tasked with leading East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) mooted move from Sidmouth to Honiton will earn up to �50,000 a year.
Authority bosses are considering the viability of leaving Knowle for purpose-built premises on the Heathpark Industrial Estate – and advertised for a senior executive.
The job description revealed the pay is circa �45,000 to �50,000.
EDDC says the post - for an initial contract of six months - will be extended up to three years if the move proves to be viable.
An EDDC spokesperson said: “The proposed move of a corporate headquarters is a hugely complex, multi-million pound project, with the potential to reap great benefits for the council and its customers over many years to come. We’ve spoken with a range of organisations, both public and private, that have made similar office moves and the overriding message they have given us is that it’s vital to get things right from the start.
You may also want to watch:
“The proposed move will need expert project management, so we’re keen to recruit someone with the right experience and skills. In the first six months, their task will be to confirm the project is viable. If it stacks up, they’ll be retained to manage all aspects of the project.”
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses