Ladies donate 200 bras to help South African women
- Credit: Archant
More than 200 bras have been donated to support a charity helping women and teenagers living below the poverty line in South Africa.
Sidmouth Running Club member Claire Ashby organised the collection at Sunday’s Women Can marathon for Zabra.
Ladies left their donations at the marquee on Tipton playing field for Claire to collect and send off to the charity.
The garments will be given to women in need, including young girls who would like to play sport.
Claire, who also ran the marathon, said it was a great opportunity to raise the profile of the charity.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I was very pleased with the response and great effort from all the ladies who contributed.
“The charity provides bras to women and girls in South Africa who would otherwise be unable to afford them.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary