Sheep die in overturned trailer incident on A30
- Credit: Archant
Several sheep have died after a livestock trailer overturned on the A30.
The road reopened shortly after 1pm and traffic is reported to be easing.
The road traffic alliance team account tweeted the closure involved a cattle trailer carrying sheep.
Police have said 'several sheep' have been killed or injured in the incident.
The alliance twitter accounted tweeted: "Several sheep killed and injured. Please drive slowly with trailers!"
You may also want to watch:
Police received reports of an overturned cattle trailer shortly before 10.25am this morning (Saturday, October 5).
At 11.45am police said the A30 westbound was closed and traffic queueing from the B3174 at Daisymount Cross to the B3184 at Clyst Honiton.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
More to follow.