Last chance for ideas on how to spend £150,000
- Credit: Archant
JUST a week is left for Sidmouth, Sidbury and Sidford residents to send in their ideas on how they want £150,000 to be spent on sport.
Proposals need to be submitted before Friday, June 28.
Once the town council has received suggestions, the valley will be given a chance to vote on them.
Funds for the project have been accumulated by the district council from housing developments.
Cash could be spent on outdoor sports proposals, such as BMX tracks, skate parks, basketball courts, an outdoor gym, a cricket or a football pitch.
It could also be splashed on pitches, courts, lawns, greens, and tracks and training areas, new facilities, or to improve existing ones such as pitch resurfacing.
Once installed, the recreation facilities or equipment must be open and accessible to the whole community.
- 1 A375 roadworks to restart in September
- 2 'Leave our banners alone!'
- 3 Urgent appeal for collectors as Sidmouth Airshow approaches
- 4 Otterhayes home rated 'good' after improving 'in leaps and bounds'
- 5 Jeeves and Wooster play was 'perfect nonsense'
- 6 National Trust Supporters' Group outing
- 7 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 8 Decision on Straitgate's appeal funding deferred
- 9 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 10 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
Funding cannot be spent on buildings, indoor facilities, professional sports grounds or golf courses.
The proposals must be for permanently sited recreation equipment, so cannot be for equipment such as cricket bats or tennis rackets.
Ideas can be submitted to the town council by email at email@example.com or by hand to the offices at Woolcombe House.
Post them - marked ‘Sports Money Idea’ - to Sidmouth Town Council, Woolcombe House, Sidmouth, EX10 9BB.