‘Last chance’ to block 130 homes plan say campaigners
A campaign group fighting against plans to build 130 homes in Ottery say they have one chance left to stop it as a crunch planning meeting looms.
A spokesman from Protect Ottery St Mary (POSM) said: “The Redrow Homes application to build an estate of 130 houses in the fields at the end of Butts Road is at the most critical stage.
“The views of residents and Town Councillors of Ottery St Mary are overwhelmingly clear; the application should be refused.”
There have been almost 300 objections to the proposal on the East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) website, and residents have turned out in large numbers for Town Council meetings to state their views, with local councillors unanimously agreeing to recommend refusal.
POSM are imploring as many concerned local residents to attend an EDDC planning meeting on Tuesday, May 8, at 2pm in the council chamber at Knowle.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from the group said: “We must continue to emphasise to the decision-makers at EDDC that approving this development would be to ignore the overwhelming wishes of the local community.
“This may be the last chance to make our case and we need to show as much strength as possible.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead