‘Last chance’ to block 130 homes plan say campaigners
A campaign group fighting against plans to build 130 homes in Ottery say they have one chance left to stop it as a crunch planning meeting looms.
A spokesman from Protect Ottery St Mary (POSM) said: “The Redrow Homes application to build an estate of 130 houses in the fields at the end of Butts Road is at the most critical stage.
“The views of residents and Town Councillors of Ottery St Mary are overwhelmingly clear; the application should be refused.”
There have been almost 300 objections to the proposal on the East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) website, and residents have turned out in large numbers for Town Council meetings to state their views, with local councillors unanimously agreeing to recommend refusal.
POSM are imploring as many concerned local residents to attend an EDDC planning meeting on Tuesday, May 8, at 2pm in the council chamber at Knowle.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from the group said: “We must continue to emphasise to the decision-makers at EDDC that approving this development would be to ignore the overwhelming wishes of the local community.
“This may be the last chance to make our case and we need to show as much strength as possible.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 5 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season