Last dance for John and Sonia
- Credit: Archant
A DANCING duo from Sidmouth, who have raised more than £11,000 for a host of local charities, have decided to call it a day.
John and Sonia Davies held classes at the Conservative Club and benefited good causes with the proceeds for the best part of a decade.
The couple have called time on the antics for now – but haven’t entirely ruled out a return in the future.
John and Sonia, of Salcombe Road, thanked dancers past and present who have contributed to their fundraising on Wednesday evenings.
“We have met many lovely people and have enjoyed our time with you all, and hope that our friendships will continue,” said John, 69.
You may also want to watch:
A final contribution of £500 will be made to the 1st Sid Vale Scout Group and its bid to secure a new HQ – the subject of a Herald campaign.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses