Last dance for John and Sonia
- Credit: Archant
A DANCING duo from Sidmouth, who have raised more than £11,000 for a host of local charities, have decided to call it a day.
John and Sonia Davies held classes at the Conservative Club and benefited good causes with the proceeds for the best part of a decade.
The couple have called time on the antics for now – but haven’t entirely ruled out a return in the future.
John and Sonia, of Salcombe Road, thanked dancers past and present who have contributed to their fundraising on Wednesday evenings.
“We have met many lovely people and have enjoyed our time with you all, and hope that our friendships will continue,” said John, 69.
You may also want to watch:
A final contribution of £500 will be made to the 1st Sid Vale Scout Group and its bid to secure a new HQ – the subject of a Herald campaign.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 4 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families