Latest graffiti protest brands SES ‘a disgrace’
- Credit: Archant
Vandals have targeted a town centre property for the second time in a month – apparently in protest at the condition of the building.
Fresh graffiti appeared on a gate outside former stationer’s shop SES on Tuesday, just weeks after a similar message was whitewashed over.
The new message reads: “This is a disgrace – an insult to Sidmouth.”
Sidmouth police sergeant Andy Squires said he was aware of the graffiti but added that it had not been formally reported by the owner of the building.
He said: “It’s a bit short-sighted really – it doesn’t make the building look any better. If whoever did it wanted to help they should perhaps have used some white emulsion instead of pink lettering.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for East Devon District Council said that officers will ‘keep a close eye’ on the High Street property, but the condition of the building had not yet reached a point where the council could intervene.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open