Latest graffiti protest brands SES ‘a disgrace’
- Credit: Archant
Vandals have targeted a town centre property for the second time in a month – apparently in protest at the condition of the building.
Fresh graffiti appeared on a gate outside former stationer’s shop SES on Tuesday, just weeks after a similar message was whitewashed over.
The new message reads: “This is a disgrace – an insult to Sidmouth.”
Sidmouth police sergeant Andy Squires said he was aware of the graffiti but added that it had not been formally reported by the owner of the building.
He said: “It’s a bit short-sighted really – it doesn’t make the building look any better. If whoever did it wanted to help they should perhaps have used some white emulsion instead of pink lettering.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for East Devon District Council said that officers will ‘keep a close eye’ on the High Street property, but the condition of the building had not yet reached a point where the council could intervene.
- 1 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 8 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations