Laura is aiming for Teen Queen victory
A Sidmouth College pupil has been striking a pose in the hope of becoming Miss Teen Queen UK 2008. Laura Jeeves saw an advert for the competition in a teen magazine in October, entered and thought no more about it until a couple of weeks ago.
A Sidmouth College pupil has been striking a pose in the hope of becoming Miss Teen Queen UK 2008.
Laura Jeeves saw an advert for the competition in a teen magazine in October, entered and thought no more about it until a couple of weeks ago.
The 16-year-old Sidmouth College student said: "I just entered it thinking I wouldn't get through, just to see what it's like and get the experience."
Laura was invited her to Fairlight Studios in London for a photo shoot. As part of the competition, each month 80 girls are selected to go to the studios for a make-over and photo shoot, 50 girls from each group then go into that month's heat.
You may also want to watch:
The pictures are put up to the public vote for a month on the competition website, www.teenqueenuk.com. After the voting closes the top five girls from each age group are whittled down to two from each group who then go through to the finals.
Laura, of Bovey Lane, Beer, said: "The photo shoot was really fun and I had a makeover. Now I just need the public to vote for me so I can get through to the finals."
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
A new wardrobe from competition sponsors, including Miss Selfridge, is among the prizes up for grabs, alongside make-up, hair products and a fashion portfolio shoot. The winner of the 16-19 category will also travel to an international pageant to represent England.
To vote for text Laura Jeeves to 84205 or call 0901 6561515 and then 12 to vote for her. All calls and texts cost 60p plus the standard network charge and voting closes on Friday, February 29 at 10.30pm. For more information visit www.teenqueenuk.com.