Meet the Feniton woman behind Ottery’s newest boutique shop
A Feniton entrepreneur is cutting her teeth is business by running her own shop in Ottery’s town centre.
Laura Saunders, 26, opened LauryLee in Broad Street at the start of January.
The outlet was formerly filled by Potion Vapour, and before that was a kitchen shop. It had remained empty for nine months until Laura snapped it up.
Her new shop sells a range of handpicked artisan goods - from locally-made cards and ornaments to new women's clothing.
Laura said: 'This is my first business venture.
You may also want to watch:
'Understandably there's been huge demand for space in the shop and at current I'm not accepting any more card makers or artists, but never say never.
'I class the shop as an indie boutique and bespoke gift shop and it's a first business venture for me.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
'I previously worked as a restaurant manager but after 14 months of travelling, thought it's time to take a leap of faith.'