Leaflet to boost Otter Valley flood victims
OTTERY flood victims will be kept informed of steps taken to combat future heavy rainfall chaos through a newsletter which was launched last week.
OTTERY flood victims will be kept informed of steps taken to combat future
heavy rainfall chaos through a newsletter which was launched last week.
Devon's county and district councils have teamed up with other agencies to deliver a Flood Recover Update leaflet to 11,500 homes in the region to help communities prepare for future flooding threats.
The information sheet also gives a number of important tips on how people can help themselves to find out if flooding is imminent and what to do if it happens.
You may also want to watch:
The East Devon Flood Recovery Group was formed after the events of October 30 and works to ensure that flood warning, defence, response and recovery arrangements are "of the highest possible quality".
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 10 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought