Learn on super yachts with Sidmouth business apprenticeship
Youngsters have the chance to get aboard super yachts and cruise liners after another Sidmouth business launched an academy.
Following the success of Fords South West’s scheme, Clearvac International has linked with PGL Training to offer a marine engineering apprenticeship.
There will be a presentation day at PGL’s office in Exeter’s Fore Street from 10am until noon on February 2.
Training for the lucky chosen candidates will take place between February 5 and March 20 with PGL.
Work experience with Clearvac will be on board super yachts and cruise liners from March 20 to April 12. The best candidates will then be offered a 12-months apprenticeship in oil, gas and marine engineering disciplines to NVQ Level 2.
You may also want to watch:
The apprenticeship is open to people over the age of 18 who have a current passport.
Clearvac bought Fords South West in September 2016.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98