Leather business moo-ves into Sidmouth
THIS couple hope their unique skills with leather prove a hit with Sidmouth shoppers.
Iain and Sue Gunn, pictured right, opened new shop Celtic Leather in Libra Court on October 1.
The couple have worked with leather for more than 30 years with hand made and painted items ranging from handbags to book covers all crafted from scratch at their Sidford workshop.
Ian and Sue moved to Sidford this summer and had been on the lookout for a premises to add to the one they run in Scotland.
“We love the area and are hoping for good things,” said Sue. The couple’s interest in Celtic art is reflected in the designs on their embossed and hand painted leather work.
You may also want to watch:
They said the art is typical of the ancient celts who inhabited not only regions of Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Cornwall, but Devon, Dorset and Wiltshire too.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords