Leather business moo-ves into Sidmouth
THIS couple hope their unique skills with leather prove a hit with Sidmouth shoppers.
Iain and Sue Gunn, pictured right, opened new shop Celtic Leather in Libra Court on October 1.
The couple have worked with leather for more than 30 years with hand made and painted items ranging from handbags to book covers all crafted from scratch at their Sidford workshop.
Ian and Sue moved to Sidford this summer and had been on the lookout for a premises to add to the one they run in Scotland.
“We love the area and are hoping for good things,” said Sue. The couple’s interest in Celtic art is reflected in the designs on their embossed and hand painted leather work.
You may also want to watch:
They said the art is typical of the ancient celts who inhabited not only regions of Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Cornwall, but Devon, Dorset and Wiltshire too.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 9 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary