Leather business moo-ves into Sidmouth
THIS couple hope their unique skills with leather prove a hit with Sidmouth shoppers.
Iain and Sue Gunn, pictured right, opened new shop Celtic Leather in Libra Court on October 1.
The couple have worked with leather for more than 30 years with hand made and painted items ranging from handbags to book covers all crafted from scratch at their Sidford workshop.
Ian and Sue moved to Sidford this summer and had been on the lookout for a premises to add to the one they run in Scotland.
“We love the area and are hoping for good things,” said Sue. The couple’s interest in Celtic art is reflected in the designs on their embossed and hand painted leather work.
You may also want to watch:
They said the art is typical of the ancient celts who inhabited not only regions of Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Cornwall, but Devon, Dorset and Wiltshire too.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future