Legal form offers Ottery residents free advice
OTTERY residents have been offered free legal advice by a town solicitors firm.
OTTERY residents have been offered free legal advice by a town solicitors’ firm.
Bosses at Every’s hope half-an hour sessions will help those who can’t afford basic help.
Clinics will begin in the next few months and will take place on Tuesday mornings at the firm’s Mill Street office.
Sessions offer members of the public a free 30-minute slot in which they can discuss legal issues confidentially with an advisor.
You may also want to watch:
Everys’ Ian Hunt said: “The withdrawal of Legal Help and cuts to the Citizens Advice Bureau will mean that those who have been hit by the economic crisis and rise in VAT will find it difficult to access even the most basic advice on what are sometimes fairly common problems. We can’t promise to resolve all issues within a half an hour session but we can certainly point enquirers in the right direction.”
Every’s staff will stage a seminar on Thursday (March 17) on the ‘Lasting Power of Attorney’.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 5 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
For more information on any of the above contact Christine Hopkins on (10404) 540954 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.