Less regimented approach to Sidmouth town meeting
THERE will be a less regimented setup in the way councillors meet residents at this year s annual town meeting at Sidmouth Arts Centre on April 2. Councillor Ann Liverton felt the meetings gave an us and them feel and said: I think we need to disper
THERE will be a less regimented setup in the way councillors meet residents at this year's annual town meeting at Sidmouth Arts Centre on April 2.
Councillor Ann Liverton felt the meetings gave an "us and them" feel and said: "I think we need to disperse around the room more rather than sit in a line at the front. It looks like we are defending things rather than listening.
After its Trustee meeting on Monday, councillors agreed to a conference-like set up with the chairman, vice and town clerk in front with other councillors sitting round tables with residents.
Mrs Jarrett will give a Power Point presentation of the work of the council during the year.
You may also want to watch:
*Next year's annual meeting will take place in Sidbury. Chairman Councillor Tom Cox had hoped it could be arranged for this year, but the Arts Centre had already been booked.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street