Libraries support Adult Learners Week
A SERIES of events to support Adult Learners Week, will take place at Devon s libraries.
A SERIES of events to support Adult Learners' Week, will take place at Devon's libraries.
Devon County Council is backing the week-long campaign from Monday, May 17 to Friday, May 21 to encourage adults, whatever their age or background, to catch up with new skills or learn for fun.
The annual event promotes education and training for adults as well as providing access to information and guidance to help motivate more adults to participate in learning opportunities.
Councillor Stuart Barker, cabinet member with responsibility for Adult Community Learning said: "Adult Learners' Week is a celebration of everything that adults bring to their learning and we're pleased that Devon County Council's Libraries can support such a valuable campaign.
You may also want to watch:
"Whether you want to gain new skills or qualifications, or to learn more about a subject you are interested in, Devon County Council's Libraries are an excellent first stop to finding out what's available.
"I would encourage everyone to visit their local library during Adult Learners Week and see what's on offer.
- 1 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 2 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 3 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 4 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 5 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 6 Smart mowing will create a corridor for small creatures
- 7 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 8 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 9 Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to welcome world leaders to South West
- 10 Council praised for prompt action as travellers move into rugby club