Libraries support Adult Learners Week
A SERIES of events to support Adult Learners Week, will take place at Devon s libraries.
A SERIES of events to support Adult Learners' Week, will take place at Devon's libraries.
Devon County Council is backing the week-long campaign from Monday, May 17 to Friday, May 21 to encourage adults, whatever their age or background, to catch up with new skills or learn for fun.
The annual event promotes education and training for adults as well as providing access to information and guidance to help motivate more adults to participate in learning opportunities.
Councillor Stuart Barker, cabinet member with responsibility for Adult Community Learning said: "Adult Learners' Week is a celebration of everything that adults bring to their learning and we're pleased that Devon County Council's Libraries can support such a valuable campaign.
You may also want to watch:
"Whether you want to gain new skills or qualifications, or to learn more about a subject you are interested in, Devon County Council's Libraries are an excellent first stop to finding out what's available.
"I would encourage everyone to visit their local library during Adult Learners Week and see what's on offer.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary