Sidmouth Lifeboat launches after concerns for kayakers
- Credit: Archant
Concerns for a group of kayakers prompted lifeboat crews to be called into action.
Sidmouth Lifeboat launched at 3.42pm on Friday afternoon (July 12) after sightings of three kayaks not making progress at the east end of Sidmouth.
There was further concern when one of the group was reported to have capsized and in the water.
Within five minutes the crew reached the group who had come ashore at Salcombe Mouth.
A lifeboat spokesman said: "Sidmouth 2 launched to three kayakers to the east of Sidmouth, apparently not making headway against the offshore wind, with one reported capsized and in the water.
You may also want to watch:
"After some discussion with the crew they confirmed that they wanted to make their own way back to Sidmouth, remaining close to shore out of the wind."
It is the fourth callout of the year for the independent lifeboat.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of