Two rescued following capsized boat in River Axe
- Credit: Archant
Two people were rescued from a river after their boat capsized.
Sidmouth Lifeboat was called to the mouth of the River Axe at approximately 11 o’clock on Good Friday morning (April 19).
When they arrived, one casualty was already safe on shore before the lifeboat team located the second person 300m out to sea and brought them aboard.
Both had been wearing lifejackets.
Lyme Regis Lifeboat dealt with the capsized vessel while Beer Coastguard helped the casualties on shore.
You may also want to watch:
The lifeboat crew thanked Ducky’s Beach Café in Beer who provided coffee to warm up one of the casualties.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival