Light Up a Life events to remember loved ones across East Devon
- Credit: Archant
There’ll be carols, poems and candles at a special event being held to remember those no longer with us.
St Mary’s Parish Church in Ottery St Mary holds will be holding their Hospiscare Light Up a Life service on Wednesday, December 12 from 7pm.
Services a part of the event will be held throughout Exeter, Mid and East Devon over the next month, offering family and friends the opportunity to come together and remember their loved ones.
A Hospiscare spokesperson said: “Christmas can be an emotional time for those missing loved ones and these remembrance services are another way in which Hospiscare supports local families.”
Each of the events will include carols, poems and candles, with the final service being held in the beautiful Exeter Cathedral on Sunday, December 16 from 6.30pm. The Hospiscare Christmas tree, outside the cathedral, will also be swathed in lights and will be lit up at dusk every evening until Twelfth Night.
You may also want to watch:
Hospiscare supporters are being invited to honour their loved ones by making a dedication, which is then inscribed in the Hospiscare Book of Memories that appears at each service. Alternatively, a memory star can be shared online, also allowing friends and family to remember someone special.
Visit hospiscare.co.uk/light-up-a-life for more information.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Sarah Smith, of Hospiscare, said: “Our Light Up a Life services are a beautiful way to remember someone special as Christmas approaches, and everyone is welcome.
Forthcoming Light Up a Life services:
Sunday, December 2 at 3pm - Honiton, St Paul’s Church. Wednesday, December 5 at 6pm - Exmouth, Holy Trinity Church. Monday, December 10 at 6.30pm - Exeter, St Thomas Methodist Church. Wednesday, December 12 at 7pm - Exeter, Broadclyst & Pinhoe, Hall Church. Wednesday 12 December at 7pm - Ottery St Mary, St Mary’s Parish Church. Monday, December 3 at 7.30pm - Axminster, St Mary the Virgin Church. Friday, December 14 at 6pm - Seaton, St Gregory’s Church. Sunday, December 16 at 6.30pm - Exeter Cathedral.