Lily prepares to climb Mount Kilimanjaro
- Credit: Archant
A former Newton Poppleford primary pupil will be climbing to the peak of the world’s largest freestanding mountain to raise money for meningitis sufferers.
Lily Thomas is embarking on a six day trek up Mount Kilimanjaro, which stands at 5,895 metres in September.
The 20 year old is fundraising with the Raise and Give group (RAG) at the University of Warwick.
The second year history student is fast approaching her £2,990 target and hopes to reach her total when she returns home to Newton Poppleford for the Easter holidays.
Her latest collection will be in Sidmouth town centre on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
To donate to Lily’s cause visit her Just Giving page at www.justgiving.comLily-Thomas94
Read Lily’s story in full in next weeks Sidmouth Herald.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members