Lily prepares to climb Mount Kilimanjaro
- Credit: Archant
A former Newton Poppleford primary pupil will be climbing to the peak of the world’s largest freestanding mountain to raise money for meningitis sufferers.
Lily Thomas is embarking on a six day trek up Mount Kilimanjaro, which stands at 5,895 metres in September.
The 20 year old is fundraising with the Raise and Give group (RAG) at the University of Warwick.
The second year history student is fast approaching her £2,990 target and hopes to reach her total when she returns home to Newton Poppleford for the Easter holidays.
Her latest collection will be in Sidmouth town centre on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
To donate to Lily’s cause visit her Just Giving page at www.justgiving.comLily-Thomas94
Read Lily’s story in full in next weeks Sidmouth Herald.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again