Sidmouth Lions Club 2020 events cancelled due to coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
Several fundraising events organised by Sidmouth Lions Club have had to be cancelled due to coronavirus.
Calendar fixtures such as the duck derby, a charity concert in September and book sales have had to be called off.
However, the Lions Club is hopeful that the usual Christmas activities can still go ahead as planned.
The Covid-19 outbreak has curtailed many annual events in Sidmouth and across East Devon, including the town’s famous folk festival.
The ‘great’ book sales were set to take place at St Teresa’s Church Hall, in Vicarage Road, on Saturday (May 23), with further events on August 22 and October 24, but have had to be cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
The popular duck derby was due to happen on Sunday, July 19, but will no longer take place due to coronavirus.
charity concert, which was also set to happen at Sidholme Hotel on Thursday, September 17, will also have to be called off.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Toto goes bananas with his love for fruit and veg shop
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action