Lions donation to fund activities day for hardworking Sidmouth students
- Credit: Archant
A legacy project set up to reward hard working students has donated more than £1,200 to fund this year’s trip.
Since 2016, the Lions Club of Sidmouth has made an annual pledge towards an activities day for 50 Sidmouth College students who achieve the highest number of praise points with a trip to Haven Banks.
The school has received £1,228 towards an activities day this summer to test the youngsters team building skills.
Vice principal Jim Ingham-Hill said: “As a college, we are delighted and honoured to have had the chance to work alongside the lions club for a third year in a row as part of the legacy project.
Alex Blyth, club president said: “Since its inception Sidmouth Lions Club has favoured supporting worthwhile youth projects.
You may also want to watch:
“This legacy project has clearly demonstrated how young people can be incentivised and benefit from the project.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time