Lions have a roaring time at 37th birthday bash
- Credit: Archant
THE Lions Club of Sidmouth celebrated its 37th anniversary with a special dinner on Saturday, November 16.
More than 40 members, partners and friends gathered at the Kingswood and Devoran Hotel.
The event also proved an opportunity to honour a Lion who celebrated a personal milestone.
Dennis James has been part of the organisation for 40 years.
He was part of the Hertford Lions Club for 20 years before he transferred to Sidmouth when he and his wife, Yvonne, moved to the town two decades ago.
You may also want to watch:
Dennis said: “My membership of the Lions organisation has given me enjoyment, great fellowship and the satisfaction that comes from helping others.”
He was presented with a special chevron by Sidmouth Lions president Graham Rossiter.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 8 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Seated at the top table alongside Mr Rossiter were a past Lions district governor for South West England, Lion Ted Graham and his wife Anne, and the president of Sidmouth Rotary Club, Lynn Ellis.
Various presidents and members of Axminster, Budleigh Salterton, City of Wells, Honiton, Glastonbury and Street and Seaton Lions Clubs also attended the bash.
Mr Rossiter summarised some of the cub’s recent fundraising efforts and mentioned some of the many charitable activities it undertakes with fundraising proceeds.
Anyone interested in helping or joining Sidmouth Lions can contact Chris Rignall on 01395 577450 or visit www.sidmouthlions.org.uk.
? Sidmouth Lions’ next fundraising event is a concert at Manor Pavilion Theatre on Saturday, February 22, featuring Sidmouth Town Band and Sidmouth Gospel Choir.