Lions Ladies land Sidmouth new blood pressure monitor
FUNDRAISING efforts by Sidmouth Lions Club Ladies have landed the town’s health centre new specialised medical equipment.
An ambulatory blood pressure monitor was handed to grateful doctors at the Blackmore Drive practice last Monday.
Lions Ladies – known as the ‘Flappers’ - raised more than �1,000 to purchase the urgently needed equipment.
GPs hailed the new piece of kit as invaluable.
The monitor can be loaned to a patient in order to obtain blood pressure readings over a full 24 hour period and thereby enable a more accurate diagnosis of the patient’s problems.
You may also want to watch:
The money for the equipment was raised over the past 12 months mainly by the ladies selling cakes and coffees at Sidmouth Lions’ quarterly book sales, through the Flappers Christmas Fayre, and from a stall the women operated in the Methodist Church Hall at l December’s Late Night Shoppping event.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon