Lions Ladies land Sidmouth new blood pressure monitor
FUNDRAISING efforts by Sidmouth Lions Club Ladies have landed the town’s health centre new specialised medical equipment.
An ambulatory blood pressure monitor was handed to grateful doctors at the Blackmore Drive practice last Monday.
Lions Ladies – known as the ‘Flappers’ - raised more than �1,000 to purchase the urgently needed equipment.
GPs hailed the new piece of kit as invaluable.
The monitor can be loaned to a patient in order to obtain blood pressure readings over a full 24 hour period and thereby enable a more accurate diagnosis of the patient’s problems.
You may also want to watch:
The money for the equipment was raised over the past 12 months mainly by the ladies selling cakes and coffees at Sidmouth Lions’ quarterly book sales, through the Flappers Christmas Fayre, and from a stall the women operated in the Methodist Church Hall at l December’s Late Night Shoppping event.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 8 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge