Lions partnership to benefit Sidmouth College pupils
- Credit: Archant
A new legacy project to ‘inspire’ hardworking youngsters at Sidmouth College has been launched.
The Lions Club of Sidmouth has begun its annual Sidmouth College Annual Pledge by donating £1,074 to fund 50 pupils to benefit from an adventure and leadership event.
The year nine youngsters have been chosen due to their effort and will visit Exeter’s Haven Banks Education Centre in May.
The club set up the initiative to mark its 40th anniversary with the aim of supporting young people.
Alan Shoesmith, president of the Lions, said: “We believe that this legacy project will prove to be of substantial benefit to college students at an important stage of their education.
You may also want to watch:
“Subject to the Lions club’s continued fundraising success, there will now be an annual award funding similar events to inspire students to succeed for many years to come.”
The pledge has been launched to coincide with the launch of Lions Clubs International’s 100th anniversary as the cause has challenged its clubs to establish a legacy project.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
Principal James Ingham-Hill added: “As a college, we are delighted and honoured to have the chance to work alongside the Lions club to create the legacy project. Over the next few years, this partnership will ensure that hundreds of Sidmouth College students are given the opportunity to take part in an exciting enrichment opportunity.”