Lions seek Sidmouth Young Ambassador
SIDMOUTH Lions Club has launched a search for a teenager whose contribution to the community might have gone unrecognised.
The organisation wants to showcase the talent and kindness of the Sid Valley’s youngsters as part of a nationwide scheme.
Lions members hope the next person selected as a Young Ambassador can follow on from the success of recent incumbents.
Sidmouth College student, Elliot Badcock, was this year’s candidate chosen to represent Sidmouth.
Elliot is an active member of the town’s scouts and air cadets and is also taking part in the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme and Ten Tors challenge.
You may also want to watch:
He and his parents are actively involved with fundraising for Huntington’s Disease.
Elliot reached the South West of England District Final of the Young Ambassador competition earlier this year.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
He recently told a Sidmouth Lions business meeting of his experiences.
Lions president, Chris Rignall, congratulated Elliot and presented him with �100 to benefit the 2019 Sidmouth Air Training Corps squadron - his chosen project.
The aim of the nationwide Young Ambassador scheme is to recognise, encourage and support young people who are actively involved in community service work.
Last year, Rachel Hill, of Sidmouth, won the South West final.
? Sidmouth Lions Club will soon be seeking Young Ambassador candidates for 2012/13.
If you know of a youngster who might like to enter the competition, contact Sidmouth Lions at www.sidmouthlions.org.uk, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call lion Ian Skinner on 01395 512923. Candidates must be aged between 15 and 18 on June 30.