Littering costs woman �250 and more news
An Ottery woman will have to pay more than �250 after dropping a cigarette butt in public. Read this and more.
LITTER: An Ottery woman will have to pay more than �250 after dropping a cigarette butt in public. Susan Smith, 52, of Bridge Field, was seen dropping the butt in Eastgate in Exeter last June, and walking away. She was sent a fixed penalty notice, but did not respond to it. Magistrates sitting in Exeter fined her �100, and ordered her to pay �140 costs with a �15 victim surcharge.
BOWLS: Ottery Short Mat Bowls club is holding an open evening for locals to have a go at the game free of charge on Monday, February 13 at 7pm in the Institute. All people need top bring is a pair of trainers or soft, flat shoes as bowls and other equipment will be supplied, including refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
TALK: The first of two Ottery Men’s Forum talks in February takes place on Wednesday in the Institute from 3pm to 4pm. The talk is by Mr D Pepper who will speak about ‘A Child’s Life in the 1920s-30s’.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth