Littering costs woman �250 and more news
An Ottery woman will have to pay more than �250 after dropping a cigarette butt in public. Read this and more.
LITTER: An Ottery woman will have to pay more than �250 after dropping a cigarette butt in public. Susan Smith, 52, of Bridge Field, was seen dropping the butt in Eastgate in Exeter last June, and walking away. She was sent a fixed penalty notice, but did not respond to it. Magistrates sitting in Exeter fined her �100, and ordered her to pay �140 costs with a �15 victim surcharge.
BOWLS: Ottery Short Mat Bowls club is holding an open evening for locals to have a go at the game free of charge on Monday, February 13 at 7pm in the Institute. All people need top bring is a pair of trainers or soft, flat shoes as bowls and other equipment will be supplied, including refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
TALK: The first of two Ottery Men’s Forum talks in February takes place on Wednesday in the Institute from 3pm to 4pm. The talk is by Mr D Pepper who will speak about ‘A Child’s Life in the 1920s-30s’.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites