Littleham flats alterations wins support and other news
Alterations to new retirement flats in Littleham have been supported by Exmouth Town Council. Read this and more.
CHRISTMAS GIFTS: Exmouth residents have been invited to boost the Salvation Army’s Christmas Present Appeal and help children and families across East Devon have a happy festive season.
From Monday (November 19), to Friday, December 14, members of the public are invited to drop in to Superdrug, in Chapel Street, with gifts for youngsters up to 16-years-of-age.
The presents will then be distributed to referred children and families in the area through The Salvation Army’s own networks, local groups and social services.
Second hand items cannot be accepted.
FLATS: Alterations to new retirement flats in Littleham have been supported by Exmouth Town Council.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 4 South West warning for drought issued
- 5 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 6 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 7 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 8 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 9 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 10 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
The plan is for an electricity substation to be constructed at the McCarthy and Stone site in Douglas Avenue, along with an additional apartment.
East Devon District Council will now rule on the plan.
GENEROUS: Research by anti-poverty charity ActionAid has revealed Devon is among the top 20 most generous parts of the UK.
People from the county are “phenomenally generous” according to the cause - sponsoring 1,132 children in Africa, Asia and the Americas in 2012.
LUNGS: A pair of huge inflatable lungs will be at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital on Monday, November 26, from 8.30am to 4pm as part of lung cancer awareness month.