Pete Allen jazz band at Sidholme Hotel, Sidmouth
- Credit: Courtesy of artist.
Guest trombonist Kevin Grenfell joins Pete Allen and his band for an afternoon of jazz in Sidmouth
When Pete Allen returns with his band to the Music Room at the Sidholme Hotel in Sidmouth on Sunday, March 24, he will only recently have completed his annual four-day visit to Nyborg, in Denmark.
There he will have been performing as a guest of the Fionia Jazz Band.
Back in Sidmouth he will be greeting a very popular guest, trombonist Kevin Grenfell.
Last year, Kevin was unable to come, so the audience will be particularly pleased to welcome him back.
You may also want to watch:
He and Pete make a winning combination: both play with a mixture of panache and sensitivity, and when they indulge in a musical ‘chat’, the whole thing seems effortless.
But behind that easy-going repartee lies a wealth of talent and experience.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
The performance will begin at 3pm, the Music Room doors will open at 2.30pm, and admission will be £13.50.