Sidmouth artists exhibit their work at Kennaway House
- Credit: Contributed
Paintings on show include beautiful scenes of Sidmouth and the wider Devon area
A group of 11 East Devon artists, including eight from Sidmouth, are putting on a free exhibition of their paintings at Kennaway House, opening on Friday, September 7 and running until Monday 17.
All the members of Artbeat are inspired by local surroundings, and the exhibition features pictures of beautiful Devon landscapes and coastlines, interpreted in very different ways.
The Sidmouth artists taking part are Bente Kumar, Debbie Coles, Trixie Walker, Susan Paradise, June Murrell, Steph George and Rosemary McFarlane.
Debbie Coles, whose Blossoms of Snow is on display, always referred to herself as a fair-weather painter until the snowy conditions hit Devon this year - her oil paints actually froze on the palette.
You may also want to watch:
June Murrell, also a landscape oil painter, has some exciting new work ready for this show. Her painting Symphony of Light captures a beautiful view of the eastern cliffs of Sidmouth.
Among Trixie Walker’s local paintings on display is an atmospheric landscape set in The Byes.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98