PM should resign ‘sooner rather than later’, says East Devon MP
- Credit: Archant
Prime Minister Theresa May should resign ‘sooner rather than later’.
Those are the words of the East Devon MP Sir Hugo Swire.
Following the local elections and Brexit backlash on councils across the country, the Conservative MP said: "It is no secret that Theresa May has said that she will at some point be standing down as Prime Minister.
"It is my belief that this should happen sooner rather than later.
"The Conservative Party is in the fortunate position of having a number of well-qualified candidates who I believe would be able to lead the country with renewed energy and focus, and prevent a hard-left 1970s style Corbyn government".
You may also want to watch:
Send a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you think?
For the latest news in your area visit Herald's website at www.sidmouthherald.co.uk.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Football in support of mental health
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank