Hughes is last Tory as EDA wins in Sidmouth/Sidford
- Credit: Archant
Conservative Stuart Hughes is the last-standing Tory Sid Valley representative on East Devon District Council after a pair of Independent East Devon Alliance members secured two of the Sidmouth/Sidofrd Ward’s three seats.
Mr Hughes was re-elected with 1,779 votes and will be jmoind by the EDA’s Dawn Manley (1,479 votes) and Marrianne Rixson (1,327 votes).
Conservative Ian Mckenzie-Edwards narrowly misssed out with 1,145 votes and Tory Graham Troman (1,022 votes) lost his seat.
Independent Jack Brokenshire
The EDA’s Debbie Tallis (1,115 votes) and Independtent Jack Brokenshire (898 votes) also missed out with Lib Dem Lewis Ragbourn (526 votes).
You may also want to watch:
The turnout was 72.77 per cent.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank